Rosa's World

Saturday, May 25, 2013

This Week's Progress - More "Blue Skies" and "Winter Twitterings"

 Hi There!

This week, I've been working on cutting and 
piecing my "Blue Skies" blocks.   

Yesterday afternoon, I can proudly say that all my individual blocks were all sewn together.  I now have to sew the blocks side-by-side to make "strips" and then, sew up the "strips.

That's one of the fun parts!  
Your work starts to materialize - no pun intended - in front of your eyes!

Here are a few strips that I've pieced together, so far.


And here's a picture of my sewing machine and the "Blue Skies" blocks.


In the evenings, I like to work on some "hand" stuff.

I finished my 1st block from the book,
"Winter Twitterings".

My friend, Frummie, had given me this book, when I was visiting her in Florida, a while back.

I figured it was finally time that I started it!


Here, its raining.  Its been raining FOREVER!

Can Mr. Sunshine come out an play?  

I've had enough of Mr. Rain, for now.

Wishing you a Wonderful Weekend!

Rosa

1 comment:

Susan In Texas said...

I love that yellow and blue, Rosa. That's going to be a really beautiful quilt!

Happy quilting,
Susan in Texas